What is involved in Marketing analytics
Find out what the related areas are that Marketing analytics connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a Marketing analytics thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its Marketing analytics journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward Marketing analytics leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which Marketing analytics related domains to cover and 122 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
Marketing analytics, Marketing performance measurement, Account-based marketing, Behavioral targeting, Brand ambassador, Brand licensing, Brand management, Corporate anniversary, Corporate identity, Corporate propaganda, Digital marketing, Direct marketing, Display advertising, Drip marketing, Loyalty marketing, Market segmentation, Marketing activation, Marketing automation, Marketing effectiveness, Marketing ethics, Marketing management, Marketing mix, Marketing operations, Marketing operations management, Marketing research, Marketing strategy, Media intelligence, Mobile advertising, Mobile marketing, Music on hold, Native advertising, New media, Online advertising, Out-of-home advertising, Performance management, Personal selling, Point of sale, Product demonstration, Product marketing, Product placement, Promotional merchandise, Sales promotion, Sex in advertising, Social marketing, Underwriting spot, Visual merchandising, Web banner, Word-of-mouth marketing:
Marketing analytics Critical Criteria:
Ventilate your thoughts about Marketing analytics projects and work towards be a leading Marketing analytics expert.
– Think about the people you identified for your Marketing analytics project and the project responsibilities you would assign to them. what kind of training do you think they would need to perform these responsibilities effectively?
– Are we Assessing Marketing analytics and Risk?
Marketing performance measurement Critical Criteria:
Mine Marketing performance measurement tasks and summarize a clear Marketing performance measurement focus.
– Marketing budgets are tighter, consumers are more skeptical, and social media has changed forever the way we talk about Marketing analytics. How do we gain traction?
– What are the disruptive Marketing analytics technologies that enable our organization to radically change our business processes?
– How do we ensure that implementations of Marketing analytics products are done in a way that ensures safety?
Account-based marketing Critical Criteria:
Ventilate your thoughts about Account-based marketing projects and figure out ways to motivate other Account-based marketing users.
– Does Marketing analytics create potential expectations in other areas that need to be recognized and considered?
– Do we all define Marketing analytics in the same way?
Behavioral targeting Critical Criteria:
Grade Behavioral targeting engagements and correct Behavioral targeting management by competencies.
– Can we add value to the current Marketing analytics decision-making process (largely qualitative) by incorporating uncertainty modeling (more quantitative)?
– What will be the consequences to the business (financial, reputation etc) if Marketing analytics does not go ahead or fails to deliver the objectives?
– How important is Marketing analytics to the user organizations mission?
Brand ambassador Critical Criteria:
Give examples of Brand ambassador outcomes and intervene in Brand ambassador processes and leadership.
– what is the best design framework for Marketing analytics organization now that, in a post industrial-age if the top-down, command and control model is no longer relevant?
– Does our organization need more Marketing analytics education?
– Is a Marketing analytics Team Work effort in place?
Brand licensing Critical Criteria:
Huddle over Brand licensing decisions and revise understanding of Brand licensing architectures.
– Does Marketing analytics include applications and information with regulatory compliance significance (or other contractual conditions that must be formally complied with) in a new or unique manner for which no approved security requirements, templates or design models exist?
– What are our needs in relation to Marketing analytics skills, labor, equipment, and markets?
– Is Marketing analytics Realistic, or are you setting yourself up for failure?
Brand management Critical Criteria:
Merge Brand management issues and stake your claim.
– How does the organization define, manage, and improve its Marketing analytics processes?
– Is Supporting Marketing analytics documentation required?
Corporate anniversary Critical Criteria:
Examine Corporate anniversary projects and ask what if.
– At what point will vulnerability assessments be performed once Marketing analytics is put into production (e.g., ongoing Risk Management after implementation)?
– Is Marketing analytics dependent on the successful delivery of a current project?
Corporate identity Critical Criteria:
Have a meeting on Corporate identity leadership and describe the risks of Corporate identity sustainability.
– Which customers cant participate in our Marketing analytics domain because they lack skills, wealth, or convenient access to existing solutions?
– Will Marketing analytics have an impact on current business continuity, disaster recovery processes and/or infrastructure?
– Are there recognized Marketing analytics problems?
Corporate propaganda Critical Criteria:
Systematize Corporate propaganda decisions and spearhead techniques for implementing Corporate propaganda.
– Who will be responsible for making the decisions to include or exclude requested changes once Marketing analytics is underway?
– What are the business goals Marketing analytics is aiming to achieve?
– How do we go about Securing Marketing analytics?
Digital marketing Critical Criteria:
Tête-à-tête about Digital marketing outcomes and develop and take control of the Digital marketing initiative.
– How do you incorporate cycle time, productivity, cost control, and other efficiency and effectiveness factors into these Marketing analytics processes?
– How will it help your business compete in the context of Digital Marketing?
Direct marketing Critical Criteria:
Adapt Direct marketing results and differentiate in coordinating Direct marketing.
– What new services of functionality will be implemented next with Marketing analytics ?
– What is the purpose of Marketing analytics in relation to the mission?
Display advertising Critical Criteria:
Set goals for Display advertising visions and finalize the present value of growth of Display advertising.
– Among the Marketing analytics product and service cost to be estimated, which is considered hardest to estimate?
– Do several people in different organizational units assist with the Marketing analytics process?
– What are all of our Marketing analytics domains and what do they do?
Drip marketing Critical Criteria:
Mix Drip marketing management and work towards be a leading Drip marketing expert.
– How do your measurements capture actionable Marketing analytics information for use in exceeding your customers expectations and securing your customers engagement?
– How do we maintain Marketing analyticss Integrity?
Loyalty marketing Critical Criteria:
Air ideas re Loyalty marketing failures and grade techniques for implementing Loyalty marketing controls.
– How do you determine the key elements that affect Marketing analytics workforce satisfaction? how are these elements determined for different workforce groups and segments?
– Do you monitor the effectiveness of your Marketing analytics activities?
Market segmentation Critical Criteria:
Interpolate Market segmentation failures and remodel and develop an effective Market segmentation strategy.
– Can we establish a new market segmentation strategy focused on potential profitability and willingness to purchase?
– How likely is the current Marketing analytics plan to come in on schedule or on budget?
– Who needs to know about Marketing analytics ?
Marketing activation Critical Criteria:
Scan Marketing activation goals and observe effective Marketing activation.
– Is maximizing Marketing analytics protection the same as minimizing Marketing analytics loss?
– Can we do Marketing analytics without complex (expensive) analysis?
– How do we go about Comparing Marketing analytics approaches/solutions?
Marketing automation Critical Criteria:
Start Marketing automation visions and correct better engagement with Marketing automation results.
– What potential environmental factors impact the Marketing analytics effort?
– How do we Improve Marketing analytics service perception, and satisfaction?
Marketing effectiveness Critical Criteria:
Accommodate Marketing effectiveness goals and spearhead techniques for implementing Marketing effectiveness.
– How do we Lead with Marketing analytics in Mind?
Marketing ethics Critical Criteria:
Demonstrate Marketing ethics failures and forecast involvement of future Marketing ethics projects in development.
– Is there a Marketing analytics Communication plan covering who needs to get what information when?
Marketing management Critical Criteria:
Depict Marketing management projects and report on developing an effective Marketing management strategy.
– What other jobs or tasks affect the performance of the steps in the Marketing analytics process?
– What is the source of the strategies for Marketing analytics strengthening and reform?
Marketing mix Critical Criteria:
Interpolate Marketing mix tactics and assess what counts with Marketing mix that we are not counting.
– Identify a product that has been successfully modified to meet changing consumer needs and, as a result, has avoided the decline stage. can we modify the market, the product, or the marketing mix?
– What is the total cost related to deploying Marketing analytics, including any consulting or professional services?
– Have all basic functions of Marketing analytics been defined?
Marketing operations Critical Criteria:
Define Marketing operations projects and diversify by understanding risks and leveraging Marketing operations.
– What sources do you use to gather information for a Marketing analytics study?
– What are the long-term Marketing analytics goals?
– Are there Marketing analytics Models?
Marketing operations management Critical Criteria:
Deduce Marketing operations management governance and handle a jump-start course to Marketing operations management.
– In a project to restructure Marketing analytics outcomes, which stakeholders would you involve?
Marketing research Critical Criteria:
Distinguish Marketing research governance and optimize Marketing research leadership as a key to advancement.
– What are the Key enablers to make this Marketing analytics move?
– In what way(s) did marketing research help shape CRM?
– How will you measure your Marketing analytics effectiveness?
Marketing strategy Critical Criteria:
Systematize Marketing strategy quality and clarify ways to gain access to competitive Marketing strategy services.
– Are there any easy-to-implement alternatives to Marketing analytics? Sometimes other solutions are available that do not require the cost implications of a full-blown project?
– How does our company use its web-site for Customer Service and / or customer relationship building?
– What kind of marketing strategy would you use in each stage to keep our products at the forefront?
– What kind of marketing strategy would you use in each stage to keep the product at the forefront?
– What is our Increasing importance of integrated marketing communications … why?
– What are the parts of a marketing strategy?
Media intelligence Critical Criteria:
Substantiate Media intelligence risks and test out new things.
Mobile advertising Critical Criteria:
Give examples of Mobile advertising risks and diversify by understanding risks and leveraging Mobile advertising.
– What are the key elements of your Marketing analytics performance improvement system, including your evaluation, organizational learning, and innovation processes?
– Do Marketing analytics rules make a reasonable demand on a users capabilities?
Mobile marketing Critical Criteria:
Cut a stake in Mobile marketing outcomes and summarize a clear Mobile marketing focus.
– Do we have past Marketing analytics Successes?
Music on hold Critical Criteria:
Rank Music on hold tactics and adopt an insight outlook.
– Who is responsible for ensuring appropriate resources (time, people and money) are allocated to Marketing analytics?
– How do we Identify specific Marketing analytics investment and emerging trends?
– What threat is Marketing analytics addressing?
Native advertising Critical Criteria:
Discourse Native advertising visions and summarize a clear Native advertising focus.
– Do we monitor the Marketing analytics decisions made and fine tune them as they evolve?
New media Critical Criteria:
Win new insights about New media governance and probe the present value of growth of New media.
– How will we insure seamless interoperability of Marketing analytics moving forward?
– What is our formula for success in Marketing analytics ?
Online advertising Critical Criteria:
Categorize Online advertising planning and create Online advertising explanations for all managers.
– Why is Marketing analytics important for you now?
Out-of-home advertising Critical Criteria:
Check Out-of-home advertising tasks and visualize why should people listen to you regarding Out-of-home advertising.
– Do we aggressively reward and promote the people who have the biggest impact on creating excellent Marketing analytics services/products?
Performance management Critical Criteria:
Pilot Performance management adoptions and assess what counts with Performance management that we are not counting.
– How do employee selection and development practices, as well as staff performance management, well-being, motivation, satisfaction, and compensation, contribute to the growth of the organization?
– Are accountability and ownership for Marketing analytics clearly defined?
– What does good Customer Service actually mean?
– What is our Marketing analytics Strategy?
Personal selling Critical Criteria:
Review Personal selling outcomes and get out your magnifying glass.
– What is the major advantage of personal selling over advertising as a communication method?
– How will you know that the Marketing analytics project has been successful?
Point of sale Critical Criteria:
Derive from Point of sale results and remodel and develop an effective Point of sale strategy.
– A compounding model resolution with available relevant data can often provide insight towards a solution methodology; which Marketing analytics models, tools and techniques are necessary?
Product demonstration Critical Criteria:
Guide Product demonstration projects and ask questions.
– How can you negotiate Marketing analytics successfully with a stubborn boss, an irate client, or a deceitful coworker?
– Is there any existing Marketing analytics governance structure?
Product marketing Critical Criteria:
Think carefully about Product marketing visions and devise Product marketing key steps.
– Will Marketing analytics deliverables need to be tested and, if so, by whom?
– Why should we adopt a Marketing analytics framework?
Product placement Critical Criteria:
Guide Product placement adoptions and attract Product placement skills.
– What tools do you use once you have decided on a Marketing analytics strategy and more importantly how do you choose?
– Which individuals, teams or departments will be involved in Marketing analytics?
Promotional merchandise Critical Criteria:
Communicate about Promotional merchandise tactics and achieve a single Promotional merchandise view and bringing data together.
– What are the success criteria that will indicate that Marketing analytics objectives have been met and the benefits delivered?
– Does Marketing analytics appropriately measure and monitor risk?
Sales promotion Critical Criteria:
Depict Sales promotion strategies and report on developing an effective Sales promotion strategy.
– Who will be responsible for deciding whether Marketing analytics goes ahead or not after the initial investigations?
Sex in advertising Critical Criteria:
Reconstruct Sex in advertising outcomes and oversee Sex in advertising requirements.
– How can you measure Marketing analytics in a systematic way?
Social marketing Critical Criteria:
Systematize Social marketing visions and report on the economics of relationships managing Social marketing and constraints.
– Risk factors: what are the characteristics of Marketing analytics that make it risky?
Underwriting spot Critical Criteria:
Mix Underwriting spot goals and drive action.
– What other organizational variables, such as reward systems or communication systems, affect the performance of this Marketing analytics process?
Visual merchandising Critical Criteria:
Meet over Visual merchandising failures and catalog what business benefits will Visual merchandising goals deliver if achieved.
– What may be the consequences for the performance of an organization if all stakeholders are not consulted regarding Marketing analytics?
– What is Effective Marketing analytics?
Web banner Critical Criteria:
Align Web banner outcomes and explain and analyze the challenges of Web banner.
– How can we improve Marketing analytics?
Word-of-mouth marketing Critical Criteria:
Incorporate Word-of-mouth marketing risks and suggest using storytelling to create more compelling Word-of-mouth marketing projects.
– What are the short and long-term Marketing analytics goals?
– What are specific Marketing analytics Rules to follow?
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the Marketing analytics Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information:
Marketing analytics External links:
Call Tracking & Marketing Analytics | Patient Pursuit
Marketing Analytics Company | TrackMaven
Marketing Analytics Client Login – Nielsen
Marketing performance measurement External links:
Kiwe.io | marketing performance measurement
Full Circle Insights | Marketing Performance Measurement
Account-based marketing External links:
Social for Account-Based Marketing – MarianaIQ
Account-Based Marketing – An Overview & Resources
Account-Based Marketing – Demandbase | ABM …
Behavioral targeting External links:
4 Ways Behavioral Targeting Is Changing the Web – Mashable
What Is Behavioral Targeting? – CBS News
What is Behavioral Targeting? – Define Behavioral Targeting
Brand ambassador External links:
4 Ways to Build Your Brand Ambassador Dream Team
Why Brand Ambassadors Are Important – Entrepreneur
Brand licensing External links:
Why This Entrepreneur Is Betting High On Brand Licensing
Brand Licensing | Whirlpool Corporation
Brand Licensing | Meredith
Brand management External links:
Our Brand Management Solution – MarketNow – …
Corporate anniversary External links:
Personalized Corporate Anniversary Gifts – Memorable …
30th Corporate Anniversary Event Ideas by Corporate …
20 Year Corporate Anniversary Gifts for Employees
Corporate identity External links:
Corporate Identity (Book, 1997) [WorldCat.org]
[PPT]Corporate Identity – Mark Tittley
Corporate identity. (Book, 1989) [WorldCat.org]
Corporate propaganda External links:
ERIC – Project Learning Tree (Corporate Propaganda …
Media Mindlessly Parrots Corporate Propaganda After …
Digital marketing External links:
What is Digital Marketing? | mobileStorm
Los Angeles – Digital Marketing Conference | April 10-11, 2018
Direct marketing External links:
Infinity Direct – Integrated Direct Marketing
Direct Mail Company | Direct Marketing Company
Direct Marketing – Investopedia
Display advertising External links:
Best Display Advertising Software in 2018 | G2 Crowd
About SteelHouse | Digital Marketing & Display Advertising
Google Display Ads & Display Advertising | Google AdWords
Drip marketing External links:
Drip Marketing | Kramer Direct
Drip Email Campaign | Drip Marketing Campaign
Loyalty marketing External links:
COLLOQUY | Loyalty Marketing & CX
Clutch Loyalty Marketing | Solutions & Strategy
Customer Relationship & Loyalty Marketing | CCG
Market segmentation External links:
Market Segmentation – NetMBA Business Knowledge …
Market Segmentation – Investopedia
[PDF]Market Segmentation and Energy Efficiency …
Marketing activation External links:
Experiential & Marketing Activation | The Gotcha Group
Marketing Activation Manager Jobs, Employment | Indeed.com
Marketing automation External links:
Channel Marketing Automation Platform | SproutLoud
OutboundEngine – Marketing Automation for Small …
Optimal Blue – Industry-Leading Secondary Marketing Automation
Marketing effectiveness External links:
Marketing Effectiveness Measurement | Marketing Analytics
Marketing ethics External links:
[PDF]Marketing Ethics – Cengage
Chapter 3 Marketing Ethics Flashcards | Quizlet
Understanding Marketing Ethics – CBS News
Marketing management External links:
MC Marketing Management – Real-World Marketing for …
Marketing mix External links:
Viagra Marketing Mix | YourTrustedPharmacyOnline
Marketing Mix Modeling | Marketing Management Analytics
Marketing operations External links:
Vienna Channels: Custom Marketing Operations
What is Marketing Operations? | Centric
Aprimo Marketing Operations Login
Marketing research External links:
CMI Marketing Research
Peters Marketing Research, Inc.
Mars Research – Marketing Research Services
Marketing strategy External links:
2018 Social Media Strategy | Marketing Strategy
The Modern Marketing Strategy Every Business Should …
Digital Marketing, Public Relations, Marketing Strategy
Media intelligence External links:
FIBEP World Media Intelligence Congress
Media monitoring Services | Media Intelligence Provider
Christophe Ginisty | Social Media Intelligence
Mobile advertising External links:
Cable TV Advertising, Online and Mobile Advertising | Viamedia
App Samurai | Mobile Advertising Platform
Propel Media | Video, Display and Mobile Advertising
Mobile marketing External links:
Short Code Registry – your source for Mobile Marketing
3C | Mobile Marketing Solutions & Services
Real Estate Mobile Marketing – DriveBuy Technologies
Music on hold External links:
Music On Hold MP3s – Prerecorded – Flashpoint Studios
Music on Hold | Cox Communications
Music On Hold – FREE download Music On Hold
Native advertising External links:
Native Advertising – The Official Definition – Sharethrough
MGID: Native Advertising Marketplace
Ampush | Native Advertising Solution
New media External links:
New Media / Artifact Title – TV Tropes
Share this Rating. Title: New Media (2010) 7.8 /10. Want to share IMDb’s rating on your own site? Use the HTML below.
New Media (2010) – IMDb
Performance management External links:
Performance Management – OPM.gov
Performance Management | Home | Performance Culture
Employee Performance Management Solutions | Reflektive
Personal selling External links:
The Importance of Personal Selling | Chron.com
Personal Selling & Merchandising | tutor2u Business
Personal Selling – Marketing Teacher
Point of sale External links:
POS System – Point of Sale for iPad and iPhone | SalesVu
Point of Sale Software & Solutions | NCR Counterpoint
Toast | Restaurant Point of Sale & Management System
Product demonstration External links:
MercuryGate Product Demonstration – MercuryGate International
Product Demonstration Videos | Kolbe Windows & Doors
Product marketing External links:
Product Marketing tips and strategies from Launch Grow Joy
[PDF]California Milk and Dairy Product Marketing Provisions
Product placement External links:
13 Classic Examples of Product Placement – HubSpot Blog
For Product Placement Marketing, It’s All About the Moolah
Product placement | Futurepedia | FANDOM powered by …
Promotional merchandise External links:
Promotional Merchandise | Socks | Headbands | Wristbands
Sales promotion External links:
Sales Promotion Flashcards | Quizlet
Sales Promotion – Marketing Teacher
Levitra Sales Promotion | 1stDrugstore
Sex in advertising External links:
Funny Jokes | Sex in Advertising Joke | Comedy Central
Sex in Advertising | AdAge Encyclopedia of Advertising – …
Social marketing External links:
ToneDen – Automated Social Marketing
Real Estate Social Marketing| Shareable Social
SEO Company, Experts in Paid Media, PR & Social Marketing
Underwriting spot External links:
Underwriting spot – Infogalactic: the planetary knowledge …
Seitenbacher Musli Cereal :30 Underwriting Spot (WUSF …
Visual merchandising External links:
Visual Merchandising: How to Display Products In Your Store
Visual Merchandising & Display Flashcards | Quizlet
Visual Merchandising Manager Resume Samples | …
Web banner External links:
LSBA Web Banner Website Link – Gilsbar > Home
NCMA web banner Certified SRW Installer 600×300 (1)
Web Banner Color Themes | Visual Identity System
Word-of-mouth marketing External links:
Word-of-Mouth Marketing Is NOT Marketing
Measuring Offline Vs. Online Word-of-Mouth Marketing