What is involved in Desktop Virtualization
Find out what the related areas are that Desktop Virtualization connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a Desktop Virtualization thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its Desktop Virtualization journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward Desktop Virtualization leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which Desktop Virtualization related domains to cover and 82 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
Desktop Virtualization, Apple–Intel architecture, Application software, Application virtualization, Citrix XenApp, Cloud computing, Data as a service, Desktop environment, Hardware virtualization, Microsoft App-V, Microsoft Windows, Oracle Corporation, Parallels Desktop for Mac, Remote Desktop Protocol, Remote Desktop Services, Software as a service, Tablet computer, Thin client, VMware Fusion, VMware Horizon View, VMware ThinApp, Virtual PC:
Desktop Virtualization Critical Criteria:
Learn from Desktop Virtualization tactics and perfect Desktop Virtualization conflict management.
– How would the developing vdi (vmware) and ddi (citrix) solutions meet the desktop virtualization challenges presented by ringling college?
– What are the usability implications of Desktop Virtualization actions?
– Does Desktop Virtualization appropriately measure and monitor risk?
– How can we improve Desktop Virtualization?
Apple–Intel architecture Critical Criteria:
Chart Apple–Intel architecture adoptions and reinforce and communicate particularly sensitive Apple–Intel architecture decisions.
– Who are the people involved in developing and implementing Desktop Virtualization?
– Does the Desktop Virtualization task fit the clients priorities?
Application software Critical Criteria:
Dissect Application software risks and balance specific methods for improving Application software results.
– Who is responsible for ensuring appropriate resources (time, people and money) are allocated to Desktop Virtualization?
– How do you manage the new access devices using their own new application software?
– Is the process effectively supported by the legacy application software?
– What are the barriers to increased Desktop Virtualization production?
– What are internal and external Desktop Virtualization relations?
Application virtualization Critical Criteria:
Be responsible for Application virtualization tasks and budget for Application virtualization challenges.
– Which product provides an application virtualization solution?
– Why is Desktop Virtualization important for you now?
– How to Secure Desktop Virtualization?
Citrix XenApp Critical Criteria:
Focus on Citrix XenApp governance and secure Citrix XenApp creativity.
– What are our best practices for minimizing Desktop Virtualization project risk, while demonstrating incremental value and quick wins throughout the Desktop Virtualization project lifecycle?
– What will be the consequences to the business (financial, reputation etc) if Desktop Virtualization does not go ahead or fails to deliver the objectives?
– What sources do you use to gather information for a Desktop Virtualization study?
– What about disaster recovery?
Cloud computing Critical Criteria:
Bootstrap Cloud computing quality and customize techniques for implementing Cloud computing controls.
– How will you exercise control over the data within the cloud to ensure that the data are available and that confidentiality and integrity of the data remain protected?
– With the increasing adoption of cloud computing do you think enterprise architecture as a discipline will become more or less important to us and why?
– Time to market improvements. Will the move to cloud computing shorten the time it takes to deliver functional enhancements to end users?
– What are the specific security and integrity threats to cloud computing storage systems that do not exist in private data centers?
– What are some common barriers to exiting transitioning from a cloud computing service provider and how can they be addressed?
– How can you start to build to a position of trust and risk management when setting up cloud computing for your organization?
– For a customer-facing application, is the move to cloud computing expected to increase the number of customers accessing it?
– What are some strategies for capacity planning for big data processing and cloud computing?
– How can cloud stakeholders ensure and promote the security of Cloud computing?
– Which cloud service model encompasses the complete cloud computing stack?
– Amazon web services is which type of cloud computing distribution model?
– If your data is stored abroad whose foi policy do you adhere to?
– How can we best leverage cloud computing and obtain security?
– Is there any recourses about cloud computing performance?
– What are some standards emerging around cloud computing?
– Is there a good pricing model for cloud services?
– How is cloud computing related to web analytics?
– What should telcos be focusing on in 5 10 years?
– Can we accelerate DevOps with Hybrid Cloud?
– Fedramp approved / compliant?
Data as a service Critical Criteria:
Familiarize yourself with Data as a service strategies and get answers.
– Think of your Desktop Virtualization project. what are the main functions?
– How do we Improve Desktop Virtualization service perception, and satisfaction?
– Are we Assessing Desktop Virtualization and Risk?
Desktop environment Critical Criteria:
Check Desktop environment visions and perfect Desktop environment conflict management.
– What knowledge, skills and characteristics mark a good Desktop Virtualization project manager?
– Is Desktop Virtualization Realistic, or are you setting yourself up for failure?
Hardware virtualization Critical Criteria:
Confer over Hardware virtualization planning and cater for concise Hardware virtualization education.
– In what ways are Desktop Virtualization vendors and us interacting to ensure safe and effective use?
– Is a Desktop Virtualization Team Work effort in place?
– Is Desktop Virtualization Required?
Microsoft App-V Critical Criteria:
Talk about Microsoft App-V goals and report on setting up Microsoft App-V without losing ground.
– How important is Desktop Virtualization to the user organizations mission?
Microsoft Windows Critical Criteria:
Examine Microsoft Windows risks and raise human resource and employment practices for Microsoft Windows.
– Can Management personnel recognize the monetary benefit of Desktop Virtualization?
– What are the short and long-term Desktop Virtualization goals?
Oracle Corporation Critical Criteria:
Recall Oracle Corporation strategies and catalog what business benefits will Oracle Corporation goals deliver if achieved.
– Can we do Desktop Virtualization without complex (expensive) analysis?
Parallels Desktop for Mac Critical Criteria:
Adapt Parallels Desktop for Mac projects and display thorough understanding of the Parallels Desktop for Mac process.
– What are the success criteria that will indicate that Desktop Virtualization objectives have been met and the benefits delivered?
– Who sets the Desktop Virtualization standards?
Remote Desktop Protocol Critical Criteria:
Think about Remote Desktop Protocol planning and overcome Remote Desktop Protocol skills and management ineffectiveness.
– Will Desktop Virtualization have an impact on current business continuity, disaster recovery processes and/or infrastructure?
– What other jobs or tasks affect the performance of the steps in the Desktop Virtualization process?
– When a Desktop Virtualization manager recognizes a problem, what options are available?
Remote Desktop Services Critical Criteria:
Consolidate Remote Desktop Services failures and frame using storytelling to create more compelling Remote Desktop Services projects.
– What are your most important goals for the strategic Desktop Virtualization objectives?
– Which statement is true about remote desktop services (rds)?
– Do we have past Desktop Virtualization Successes?
Software as a service Critical Criteria:
Weigh in on Software as a service leadership and find the essential reading for Software as a service researchers.
– Why are Service Level Agreements a dying breed in the software as a service industry?
– Do Desktop Virtualization rules make a reasonable demand on a users capabilities?
– What are the Key enablers to make this Desktop Virtualization move?
– How do we Lead with Desktop Virtualization in Mind?
Tablet computer Critical Criteria:
Debate over Tablet computer tactics and be persistent.
– What are our needs in relation to Desktop Virtualization skills, labor, equipment, and markets?
– Which Desktop Virtualization goals are the most important?
Thin client Critical Criteria:
Have a meeting on Thin client quality and define what our big hairy audacious Thin client goal is.
– Record-keeping requirements flow from the records needed as inputs, outputs, controls and for transformation of a Desktop Virtualization process. ask yourself: are the records needed as inputs to the Desktop Virtualization process available?
– How do your measurements capture actionable Desktop Virtualization information for use in exceeding your customers expectations and securing your customers engagement?
– What prevents me from making the changes I know will make me a more effective Desktop Virtualization leader?
VMware Fusion Critical Criteria:
Accommodate VMware Fusion quality and adopt an insight outlook.
– Who is the main stakeholder, with ultimate responsibility for driving Desktop Virtualization forward?
– How likely is the current Desktop Virtualization plan to come in on schedule or on budget?
VMware Horizon View Critical Criteria:
Win new insights about VMware Horizon View strategies and point out improvements in VMware Horizon View.
– A compounding model resolution with available relevant data can often provide insight towards a solution methodology; which Desktop Virtualization models, tools and techniques are necessary?
VMware ThinApp Critical Criteria:
Recall VMware ThinApp leadership and handle a jump-start course to VMware ThinApp.
Virtual PC Critical Criteria:
Powwow over Virtual PC outcomes and grade techniques for implementing Virtual PC controls.
– Consider your own Desktop Virtualization project. what types of organizational problems do you think might be causing or affecting your problem, based on the work done so far?
– How do senior leaders actions reflect a commitment to the organizations Desktop Virtualization values?
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the Desktop Virtualization Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information:
Desktop Virtualization External links:
MED-V – Microsoft Desktop Virtualization | TechNet
Desktop Virtualization – Windows Active Directory
Ad · www.microsoft.com/Virtualization
Application and Desktop Virtualization – Citrix
Application software External links:
Title application software Free Download for Windows
Application software – ScienceDaily
wiTECH Diagnostic Application Software Download – …
Application virtualization External links:
Application Virtualization Engineer – SCCM Architects
Citrix XenApp External links:
HQDA Citrix XenApp Application Portal
[PDF]Title : Citrix XenApp 6.5 Administration – Test4actual
Cloud computing External links:
Cloud Computing | Oracle
Microsoft Azure Cloud Computing Platform & Services
Data as a service External links:
DaaS: Contact Informatica Data as a Service
Desktop environment External links:
Lumina Desktop Environment | Exploring and sharing …
Hardware virtualization External links:
[Update] Bypass The Hardware Virtualization …
Microsoft App-V External links:
Microsoft App-V – Virtual Applications | TechNet
Microsoft Windows External links:
Apps | Microsoft Windows 10 | Official Site
Oracle Corporation External links:
Oracle Corporation: NYSE:ORCL quotes & news – Google …
Oracle Corporation – ORCL – Stock Price Today – Zacks
Remote Desktop Protocol External links:
The Microsoft Remote Desktop Protocol (RDP) provides remote display and input capabilities over network connections for Windows-based applications running on a …
Download Remote Desktop Client RDC 7.0 or 7.1 / …
Remote Desktop Protocol (Windows) – msdn.microsoft.com
Remote Desktop Services External links:
How to Force Remote Desktop Services on Windows 7 to …
Software as a service External links:
What is SaaS? Software as a Service | Microsoft Azure
Software As A Service – SaaS – Investopedia
Tablet computer External links:
Samsung Galaxy Book: Windows Tablet Computer | …
Yuma 2 rugged tablet computer
Thin client External links:
TER Death Thin Client Page
TER Death Thin Client Page
DWD Thin Client System
VMware Fusion External links:
VMware Fusion – Official Site
VMware Showcase | VMware Fusion, vSphere & vSphere …
VMware Horizon View External links:
What is VMware Horizon View? – Definition from WhatIs.com
NYCHHC – VMware Horizon View
VMware Horizon View
Virtual PC External links:
How to Make a ‘Virtual PC’ on Your USB Device (with Pictures)