What is involved in Public Procurement
Find out what the related areas are that Public Procurement connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a Public Procurement thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its Public Procurement journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward Public Procurement leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which Public Procurement related domains to cover and 107 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
Public Procurement, International trade, Trade sanctions, European Commission, Mystery shopping, Fiscal union, Export-oriented industrialization, Politics of Iceland, Monetary union, Tariff-rate quota, Foreign trade of the United States, Terms of trade, Economic and monetary union, Public works, Economic union, Trade creation, Boyko Borisov, Intra-industry trade, Economic geography, World Trade Organization, Federal Accountability Act, Call for bids, Trade diversion, Bulgarian Parliament, Her Majesty’s Government of Gibraltar, Contract awarding, Emissions trading, Lerner symmetry theorem, Trade restriction, Cabinet Office, Trade facilitation, Index of international trade topics, Economic nationalism, Foreign trade of India, Trade costs, Government procurement in the United States, Northern Ireland Executive, Technical barriers to trade, Electronic commerce, Government procurement in the European Union, Department of Finance, Economic integration, Illegal immigration, International Trade Centre, Customs and monetary union, Government procurement, Crown Commercial Service, Northern Ireland, Quota share, Single market, Public Procurement, Bulgarian border barrier, Public procurement law, World Customs Organization, Foreign trade of Argentina, Best value procurement, Republic of South Africa, Commercial policy, NHS trusts, Foreign trade of Vietnam:
Public Procurement Critical Criteria:
Consider Public Procurement engagements and observe effective Public Procurement.
– Marketing budgets are tighter, consumers are more skeptical, and social media has changed forever the way we talk about Public Procurement. How do we gain traction?
– What are the record-keeping requirements of Public Procurement activities?
– Does our organization need more Public Procurement education?
International trade Critical Criteria:
Consider International trade adoptions and ask questions.
– Can we add value to the current Public Procurement decision-making process (largely qualitative) by incorporating uncertainty modeling (more quantitative)?
– Think about the functions involved in your Public Procurement project. what processes flow from these functions?
Trade sanctions Critical Criteria:
Experiment with Trade sanctions leadership and correct Trade sanctions management by competencies.
– How do your measurements capture actionable Public Procurement information for use in exceeding your customers expectations and securing your customers engagement?
– What tools do you use once you have decided on a Public Procurement strategy and more importantly how do you choose?
– In what ways are Public Procurement vendors and us interacting to ensure safe and effective use?
European Commission Critical Criteria:
Ventilate your thoughts about European Commission tasks and devise European Commission key steps.
– Are there recognized Public Procurement problems?
– What threat is Public Procurement addressing?
Mystery shopping Critical Criteria:
Dissect Mystery shopping engagements and document what potential Mystery shopping megatrends could make our business model obsolete.
– Does Public Procurement include applications and information with regulatory compliance significance (or other contractual conditions that must be formally complied with) in a new or unique manner for which no approved security requirements, templates or design models exist?
– How does mystery shopping help us improve our Customer Service and experience?
– Do we all define Public Procurement in the same way?
– Is Public Procurement Required?
Fiscal union Critical Criteria:
Accumulate Fiscal union strategies and interpret which customers can’t participate in Fiscal union because they lack skills.
– What are all of our Public Procurement domains and what do they do?
– Who sets the Public Procurement standards?
Export-oriented industrialization Critical Criteria:
Merge Export-oriented industrialization goals and define what our big hairy audacious Export-oriented industrialization goal is.
– How do you determine the key elements that affect Public Procurement workforce satisfaction? how are these elements determined for different workforce groups and segments?
– What may be the consequences for the performance of an organization if all stakeholders are not consulted regarding Public Procurement?
– How can you negotiate Public Procurement successfully with a stubborn boss, an irate client, or a deceitful coworker?
Politics of Iceland Critical Criteria:
Conceptualize Politics of Iceland decisions and learn.
– How will you know that the Public Procurement project has been successful?
– Who needs to know about Public Procurement ?
Monetary union Critical Criteria:
Define Monetary union planning and display thorough understanding of the Monetary union process.
– Are we making progress? and are we making progress as Public Procurement leaders?
– How do we Lead with Public Procurement in Mind?
– Are there Public Procurement problems defined?
Tariff-rate quota Critical Criteria:
Troubleshoot Tariff-rate quota management and proactively manage Tariff-rate quota risks.
– In the case of a Public Procurement project, the criteria for the audit derive from implementation objectives. an audit of a Public Procurement project involves assessing whether the recommendations outlined for implementation have been met. in other words, can we track that any Public Procurement project is implemented as planned, and is it working?
– Which individuals, teams or departments will be involved in Public Procurement?
– How will you measure your Public Procurement effectiveness?
Foreign trade of the United States Critical Criteria:
Be responsible for Foreign trade of the United States adoptions and adopt an insight outlook.
– What knowledge, skills and characteristics mark a good Public Procurement project manager?
– Does the Public Procurement task fit the clients priorities?
– Why should we adopt a Public Procurement framework?
Terms of trade Critical Criteria:
Chat re Terms of trade failures and describe which business rules are needed as Terms of trade interface.
– What are current Public Procurement Paradigms?
Economic and monetary union Critical Criteria:
Have a session on Economic and monetary union leadership and ask what if.
– Consider your own Public Procurement project. what types of organizational problems do you think might be causing or affecting your problem, based on the work done so far?
– Who is the main stakeholder, with ultimate responsibility for driving Public Procurement forward?
– Who will provide the final approval of Public Procurement deliverables?
Public works Critical Criteria:
Merge Public works adoptions and point out Public works tensions in leadership.
– How do you incorporate cycle time, productivity, cost control, and other efficiency and effectiveness factors into these Public Procurement processes?
– What vendors make products that address the Public Procurement needs?
– Do we have past Public Procurement Successes?
Economic union Critical Criteria:
Start Economic union results and probe the present value of growth of Economic union.
– Are there any easy-to-implement alternatives to Public Procurement? Sometimes other solutions are available that do not require the cost implications of a full-blown project?
Trade creation Critical Criteria:
Generalize Trade creation projects and raise human resource and employment practices for Trade creation.
– What potential environmental factors impact the Public Procurement effort?
– Think of your Public Procurement project. what are the main functions?
Boyko Borisov Critical Criteria:
Depict Boyko Borisov risks and secure Boyko Borisov creativity.
– What are our best practices for minimizing Public Procurement project risk, while demonstrating incremental value and quick wins throughout the Public Procurement project lifecycle?
– How do we go about Comparing Public Procurement approaches/solutions?
Intra-industry trade Critical Criteria:
Face Intra-industry trade risks and define what do we need to start doing with Intra-industry trade.
– Have all basic functions of Public Procurement been defined?
Economic geography Critical Criteria:
Substantiate Economic geography visions and correct Economic geography management by competencies.
– Who is responsible for ensuring appropriate resources (time, people and money) are allocated to Public Procurement?
– How do senior leaders actions reflect a commitment to the organizations Public Procurement values?
– How will we insure seamless interoperability of Public Procurement moving forward?
World Trade Organization Critical Criteria:
Pay attention to World Trade Organization failures and be persistent.
– How do we know that any Public Procurement analysis is complete and comprehensive?
– How important is Public Procurement to the user organizations mission?
– What are the long-term Public Procurement goals?
Federal Accountability Act Critical Criteria:
Tête-à-tête about Federal Accountability Act strategies and simulate teachings and consultations on quality process improvement of Federal Accountability Act.
– At what point will vulnerability assessments be performed once Public Procurement is put into production (e.g., ongoing Risk Management after implementation)?
– How do we Improve Public Procurement service perception, and satisfaction?
Call for bids Critical Criteria:
Co-operate on Call for bids tasks and look in other fields.
– what is the best design framework for Public Procurement organization now that, in a post industrial-age if the top-down, command and control model is no longer relevant?
– Are assumptions made in Public Procurement stated explicitly?
Trade diversion Critical Criteria:
Exchange ideas about Trade diversion risks and look for lots of ideas.
– What other organizational variables, such as reward systems or communication systems, affect the performance of this Public Procurement process?
– What about Public Procurement Analysis of results?
– How to Secure Public Procurement?
Bulgarian Parliament Critical Criteria:
Look at Bulgarian Parliament adoptions and clarify ways to gain access to competitive Bulgarian Parliament services.
– How can skill-level changes improve Public Procurement?
Her Majesty’s Government of Gibraltar Critical Criteria:
Differentiate Her Majesty’s Government of Gibraltar tasks and raise human resource and employment practices for Her Majesty’s Government of Gibraltar.
– Do we aggressively reward and promote the people who have the biggest impact on creating excellent Public Procurement services/products?
Contract awarding Critical Criteria:
Steer Contract awarding results and gather Contract awarding models .
– What are your results for key measures or indicators of the accomplishment of your Public Procurement strategy and action plans, including building and strengthening core competencies?
– Can Management personnel recognize the monetary benefit of Public Procurement?
Emissions trading Critical Criteria:
Accommodate Emissions trading leadership and catalog Emissions trading activities.
– What are the Essentials of Internal Public Procurement Management?
– How would one define Public Procurement leadership?
Lerner symmetry theorem Critical Criteria:
Review Lerner symmetry theorem leadership and assess and formulate effective operational and Lerner symmetry theorem strategies.
– How do we ensure that implementations of Public Procurement products are done in a way that ensures safety?
Trade restriction Critical Criteria:
Have a session on Trade restriction management and ask what if.
– What are your current levels and trends in key measures or indicators of Public Procurement product and process performance that are important to and directly serve your customers? how do these results compare with the performance of your competitors and other organizations with similar offerings?
Cabinet Office Critical Criteria:
Reorganize Cabinet Office tactics and point out Cabinet Office tensions in leadership.
– Are there any disadvantages to implementing Public Procurement? There might be some that are less obvious?
Trade facilitation Critical Criteria:
Accelerate Trade facilitation tasks and correct Trade facilitation management by competencies.
– Do those selected for the Public Procurement team have a good general understanding of what Public Procurement is all about?
Index of international trade topics Critical Criteria:
Consolidate Index of international trade topics engagements and assess what counts with Index of international trade topics that we are not counting.
– Does Public Procurement create potential expectations in other areas that need to be recognized and considered?
– What are the barriers to increased Public Procurement production?
Economic nationalism Critical Criteria:
Analyze Economic nationalism visions and gather practices for scaling Economic nationalism.
Foreign trade of India Critical Criteria:
Have a round table over Foreign trade of India engagements and tour deciding if Foreign trade of India progress is made.
– What management system can we use to leverage the Public Procurement experience, ideas, and concerns of the people closest to the work to be done?
– Does Public Procurement appropriately measure and monitor risk?
Trade costs Critical Criteria:
Explore Trade costs quality and adopt an insight outlook.
Government procurement in the United States Critical Criteria:
Co-operate on Government procurement in the United States tasks and plan concise Government procurement in the United States education.
– How do mission and objectives affect the Public Procurement processes of our organization?
– What are internal and external Public Procurement relations?
Northern Ireland Executive Critical Criteria:
Design Northern Ireland Executive governance and maintain Northern Ireland Executive for success.
– What will be the consequences to the business (financial, reputation etc) if Public Procurement does not go ahead or fails to deliver the objectives?
– What is the purpose of Public Procurement in relation to the mission?
Technical barriers to trade Critical Criteria:
Have a session on Technical barriers to trade projects and perfect Technical barriers to trade conflict management.
– What is the source of the strategies for Public Procurement strengthening and reform?
Electronic commerce Critical Criteria:
Give examples of Electronic commerce quality and revise understanding of Electronic commerce architectures.
– Is the security of electronic commerce services and their secure use ensured?
– What are the business goals Public Procurement is aiming to achieve?
– How to deal with Public Procurement Changes?
Government procurement in the European Union Critical Criteria:
X-ray Government procurement in the European Union projects and visualize why should people listen to you regarding Government procurement in the European Union.
– Among the Public Procurement product and service cost to be estimated, which is considered hardest to estimate?
Department of Finance Critical Criteria:
Consult on Department of Finance risks and forecast involvement of future Department of Finance projects in development.
– What are the disruptive Public Procurement technologies that enable our organization to radically change our business processes?
– What sources do you use to gather information for a Public Procurement study?
Economic integration Critical Criteria:
Drive Economic integration risks and proactively manage Economic integration risks.
– Who are the people involved in developing and implementing Public Procurement?
– What are the Key enablers to make this Public Procurement move?
Illegal immigration Critical Criteria:
Differentiate Illegal immigration visions and balance specific methods for improving Illegal immigration results.
– How likely is the current Public Procurement plan to come in on schedule or on budget?
International Trade Centre Critical Criteria:
Talk about International Trade Centre goals and prioritize challenges of International Trade Centre.
– What are the success criteria that will indicate that Public Procurement objectives have been met and the benefits delivered?
– What business benefits will Public Procurement goals deliver if achieved?
Customs and monetary union Critical Criteria:
Examine Customs and monetary union goals and reinforce and communicate particularly sensitive Customs and monetary union decisions.
– Record-keeping requirements flow from the records needed as inputs, outputs, controls and for transformation of a Public Procurement process. ask yourself: are the records needed as inputs to the Public Procurement process available?
Government procurement Critical Criteria:
Track Government procurement governance and balance specific methods for improving Government procurement results.
– Are accountability and ownership for Public Procurement clearly defined?
Crown Commercial Service Critical Criteria:
Drive Crown Commercial Service adoptions and simulate teachings and consultations on quality process improvement of Crown Commercial Service.
– Is Supporting Public Procurement documentation required?
Northern Ireland Critical Criteria:
Bootstrap Northern Ireland results and slay a dragon.
Quota share Critical Criteria:
Consult on Quota share projects and explain and analyze the challenges of Quota share.
Single market Critical Criteria:
Facilitate Single market governance and cater for concise Single market education.
– Does Public Procurement systematically track and analyze outcomes for accountability and quality improvement?
– Are there Public Procurement Models?
Public Procurement Critical Criteria:
Study Public Procurement strategies and catalog Public Procurement activities.
Bulgarian border barrier Critical Criteria:
Design Bulgarian border barrier goals and adopt an insight outlook.
Public procurement law Critical Criteria:
Reason over Public procurement law goals and achieve a single Public procurement law view and bringing data together.
World Customs Organization Critical Criteria:
Participate in World Customs Organization failures and point out World Customs Organization tensions in leadership.
– Is Public Procurement dependent on the successful delivery of a current project?
Foreign trade of Argentina Critical Criteria:
Investigate Foreign trade of Argentina issues and proactively manage Foreign trade of Argentina risks.
Best value procurement Critical Criteria:
Collaborate on Best value procurement leadership and sort Best value procurement activities.
– What is our Public Procurement Strategy?
Republic of South Africa Critical Criteria:
Familiarize yourself with Republic of South Africa goals and look for lots of ideas.
Commercial policy Critical Criteria:
Set goals for Commercial policy goals and find the essential reading for Commercial policy researchers.
– Is Public Procurement Realistic, or are you setting yourself up for failure?
NHS trusts Critical Criteria:
Generalize NHS trusts risks and find out.
Foreign trade of Vietnam Critical Criteria:
Face Foreign trade of Vietnam outcomes and find answers.
– What are the top 3 things at the forefront of our Public Procurement agendas for the next 3 years?
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the Public Procurement Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information:
Public Procurement External links:
Illinois Association of Public Procurement Officials, Inc
New Mexico Public Procurement Association
Public Procurement System
International trade External links:
International Trade Today
Washington International Trade Association (WITA)
European Commission External links:
European Commission (@EU_Commission) | Twitter
Russia – Trade – European Commission
European Commission : CORDIS : Home
Mystery shopping External links:
World’s Largest Source of Mystery Shopping Jobs
Welcome to Prophet – Your World-Class Mystery Shopping …
GfK Mystery Shopping
Fiscal union External links:
Better no fiscal union than a flawed one – Financial Times
The eurozone cannot escape political and fiscal union
Export-oriented industrialization External links:
Export-oriented industrialization through primary processing?
What does export-oriented industrialization mean?
Monetary union External links:
Economic and Monetary Union – FEDERAL RESERVE BANK of NEW YORK
Monetary union comes at a price for Europe – Financial Times
Foreign trade of the United States External links:
Foreign trade of the United States | TheHill
Terms of trade External links:
Terms of Trade Flashcards | Quizlet
[PDF]Terms of Trade and the Measurement of GDP and …
Economic and monetary union External links:
European Economic and Monetary Union (EMU)
Economic and Monetary Union – FEDERAL RESERVE BANK of NEW YORK
Public works External links:
Los Angeles County Department of Public Works – …
Public Works Department
Trade creation External links:
[PDF]TRADE CREATION AND TRADE DIVERSION UNDER …
Trade creation financial definition of trade creation
What is Trade Creation? definition and meaning
Boyko Borisov External links:
City Mayors: Boyko Borisov – Mayor of Sofia
Intra-industry trade External links:
Intra-Industry trade.docx | International Trade | Trade
Intra-industry trade (Book, 2003) [WorldCat.org]
Economic geography External links:
Economic Geography India – AbeBooks
Economic geography, (Book, 1915) [WorldCat.org]
U.S. & Canada: Economic Geography Flashcards | Quizlet
World Trade Organization External links:
World Trade Organization – Official Site
What is the World Trade Organization? – WTO
Call for bids External links:
City of Renton Call for Bids
RFA, RFP, RFQ, Call for Bids – Pacific County, Washington
[PDF]PIERCE COUNTY CALL FOR BIDS BR #28183-A – 8TH …
Trade diversion External links:
[PDF]TRADE CREATION AND TRADE DIVERSION UNDER …
Trade diversion is an economic term related to international economics in which trade is diverted from a more efficient exporter towards a less efficient one by the formation of a free trade agreement or a customs union.
What is Trade Diversion? definition and meaning
Contract awarding External links:
Emissions trading External links:
[PDF]EMISSIONS TRADING FOR SMALL BUSINESSES
China’s emissions trading scheme awaits green light
Emissions Trading Schemes – FASB
Lerner symmetry theorem External links:
Lerner Symmetry Theorem – Dictionary Central
[PDF]The Lerner Symmetry Theorem: Generalizations …
Trade restriction External links:
A trade restriction is an artificial restriction on the trade of goods and/or services between two countries. It is the byproduct of protectionism. However, the term is controversial because what one part may see as a trade restriction another may see as a way to protect consumers from inferior, harmful or dangerous products.
Trade facilitation External links:
Description: Trade Facilitation Indicators
Trade facilitation (Book, 2006) [WorldCat.org]
[PDF]TRADE FACILITATION AND TRADE …
Index of international trade topics External links:
“Index of international trade topics” on Revolvy.com
www.revolvy.com/topic/Index of international trade topics
Economic nationalism External links:
Economic nationalism, (Book, 1933) [WorldCat.org]
Foreign trade of India External links:
[PDF]A Glance at the Foreign Trade of India, Muhammad Idris
Trade costs External links:
Free Trade Costs American Jobs – Newsweek
Trade Costs – NBER
Northern Ireland Executive External links:
Northern Ireland Executive – Official Site
Northern Ireland Executive – YouTube
Northern Ireland Executive – Home | Facebook
Technical barriers to trade External links:
WTO | Technical Barriers to Trade
Electronic commerce External links:
EuroNECO – European Navy Electronic Commerce Online
Barnes & Noble Electronic Commerce
Electronic commerce (Book, 2017) [WorldCat.org]
Department of Finance External links:
Arkansas Department of Finance And Administration – …
Idaho Escrow – Department of Finance
Motor Vehicle | Department of Finance and Administration
Economic integration External links:
Economic Integration. (eBook, 2016) [WorldCat.org]
Economic Integration and Development – Edward Elgar …
Journal of Economic Integration on JSTOR
Illegal immigration External links:
Report illegal immigration – Illegal Immigration
Read this Social Issues Essay and over 88,000 other research documents. Illegal Immigration and the U.S.. The world has gone through a revolution and it …
Illegal immigration (Book, 2011) [WorldCat.org]
International Trade Centre External links:
ITC – International Trade Centre
Customs and monetary union External links:
Customs and monetary union – Revolvy
www.revolvy.com/topic/Customs and monetary union
Customs and monetary union – PediaView.com
Government procurement External links:
28th Annual Government Procurement Conference …
[PDF]GAO-18-116, GOVERNMENT PROCUREMENT: …
About Us | The Coalition for Government Procurement
Crown Commercial Service External links:
Public Sector Show – Crown Commercial Service
CCS Fleet Portal – Crown Commercial Service Vehicle …
Crown Commercial Service launches new Estates …
Northern Ireland External links:
Northern Ireland – Official Site
Viagra Online Northern Ireland | 1stDrugstore
Weather for Belfast, Northern Ireland, United Kingdom
Quota share External links:
Quota Share Treaty Definition | Investopedia
[PDF]80% Quota Share – OCI Homepage
Single market External links:
Long road ahead to completion of EU single market
Britain is deluding itself over single market access
Public Procurement External links:
OKAPP – Oklahoma Association of Public Procurement
Public Procurement System
WAPP – Wisconsin Association for Public Procurement
Public procurement law External links:
Remedies in public procurement law | Practical Law
Public procurement law: the basics
World Customs Organization External links:
World Customs Organization Overview | U.S. Customs …
Foreign trade of Argentina External links:
Foreign trade of Argentina – update.revolvy.com
update.revolvy.com/topic/Foreign trade of Argentina
Foreign Trade of Argentina • El Sur del Sur
Republic of South Africa External links:
[PDF]REPUBLIC OF SOUTH AFRICA – NWPG
www.nwpg.gov.za/Agriculture/nwdace docs/vission and mission_1.pdf
[PDF]The Republic of South Africa – OECD.org
Republic of South Africa – Wiktionary
Commercial policy External links:
Help for the GuideOne Commercial Policy Rater
Commercial Policy – cfpnet.com
Commercial Policy – Investopedia