What is involved in Solution Architecture
Find out what the related areas are that Solution Architecture connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a Solution Architecture thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its Solution Architecture journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward Solution Architecture leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which Solution Architecture related domains to cover and 52 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
Solution Architecture, Application architecture, Architectural pattern, Business architecture, Enterprise architecture, Federation of Enterprise Architecture Professional Organizations, Forrester Research, Gartner, Segment architecture, Solution selling, Solutions architect, System specification, The Open Group:
Solution Architecture Critical Criteria:
Have a round table over Solution Architecture leadership and cater for concise Solution Architecture education.
– How do we make it meaningful in connecting Solution Architecture with what users do day-to-day?
– Is there any existing Solution Architecture governance structure?
– Are there Solution Architecture Models?
Application architecture Critical Criteria:
Look at Application architecture decisions and create a map for yourself.
– How can you create a cross application architecture that supports your current systems, while at the same time accommodating changing business needs?
– How can we incorporate support to ensure safe and effective use of Solution Architecture into the services that we provide?
– Application Architecture Considerations. Is the application web-based, or built with a serviceoriented architecture (SOA)?
– What prevents me from making the changes I know will make me a more effective Solution Architecture leader?
– How do mission and objectives affect the Solution Architecture processes of our organization?
Architectural pattern Critical Criteria:
Learn from Architectural pattern planning and describe which business rules are needed as Architectural pattern interface.
– Are there any easy-to-implement alternatives to Solution Architecture? Sometimes other solutions are available that do not require the cost implications of a full-blown project?
– Why is it important to have senior management support for a Solution Architecture project?
Business architecture Critical Criteria:
Drive Business architecture risks and adjust implementation of Business architecture.
– Do those selected for the Solution Architecture team have a good general understanding of what Solution Architecture is all about?
– Will Solution Architecture have an impact on current business continuity, disaster recovery processes and/or infrastructure?
– What are our needs in relation to Solution Architecture skills, labor, equipment, and markets?
Enterprise architecture Critical Criteria:
Track Enterprise architecture issues and be persistent.
– With the increasing adoption of cloud computing do you think enterprise architecture as a discipline will become more or less important to us and why?
– What is the source of the strategies for Solution Architecture strengthening and reform?
– Enterprise architecture planning. how does it align with to the to be architecture?
– How does the standard fit into the Federal Enterprise Architecture (FEA)?
– Are Enterprise JavaBeans still relevant for enterprise architectures?
– What are the barriers to increased Solution Architecture production?
– Are software assets aligned with the agency enterprise architecture?
– Are the levels and focus right for TOGAF enterprise architecture?
– Are software assets aligned with the organizations enterprise architecture?
– Is There a Role for Patterns in Enterprise Architecture?
– What is the value of mature Enterprise Architecture?
– Why Should we Consider Enterprise Architecture?
– What is an Enterprise Architecture?
– What Is Enterprise Architecture?
– Why Enterprise Architecture?
Federation of Enterprise Architecture Professional Organizations Critical Criteria:
Test Federation of Enterprise Architecture Professional Organizations tactics and get answers.
– What are your current levels and trends in key measures or indicators of Solution Architecture product and process performance that are important to and directly serve your customers? how do these results compare with the performance of your competitors and other organizations with similar offerings?
– How can you measure Solution Architecture in a systematic way?
– What is Effective Solution Architecture?
Forrester Research Critical Criteria:
Grasp Forrester Research projects and point out Forrester Research tensions in leadership.
– How do you incorporate cycle time, productivity, cost control, and other efficiency and effectiveness factors into these Solution Architecture processes?
– What may be the consequences for the performance of an organization if all stakeholders are not consulted regarding Solution Architecture?
– Is Solution Architecture Required?
Gartner Critical Criteria:
Review Gartner adoptions and perfect Gartner conflict management.
– What are our best practices for minimizing Solution Architecture project risk, while demonstrating incremental value and quick wins throughout the Solution Architecture project lifecycle?
– What are the success criteria that will indicate that Solution Architecture objectives have been met and the benefits delivered?
Segment architecture Critical Criteria:
Align Segment architecture leadership and create a map for yourself.
– Marketing budgets are tighter, consumers are more skeptical, and social media has changed forever the way we talk about Solution Architecture. How do we gain traction?
– What management system can we use to leverage the Solution Architecture experience, ideas, and concerns of the people closest to the work to be done?
– How much does Solution Architecture help?
Solution selling Critical Criteria:
Adapt Solution selling goals and ask questions.
– How do we Improve Solution Architecture service perception, and satisfaction?
Solutions architect Critical Criteria:
Guard Solutions architect risks and proactively manage Solutions architect risks.
– Who are the people involved in developing and implementing Solution Architecture?
– Is Supporting Solution Architecture documentation required?
System specification Critical Criteria:
Face System specification goals and find out.
– What are all of our Solution Architecture domains and what do they do?
– How can the value of Solution Architecture be defined?
The Open Group Critical Criteria:
Start The Open Group results and point out improvements in The Open Group.
– How do we go about Comparing Solution Architecture approaches/solutions?
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the Solution Architecture Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information:
Solution Architecture External links:
Solution Architecture – Illumio
Application architecture External links:
application architecture – Martin Fowler
What is Application Architecture? (with pictures) – wiseGEEK
AWS | Application Architecture Center
Architectural pattern External links:
MVC architectural pattern – YouTube
Is MVC a Design Pattern or Architectural pattern
Architectural Pattern – Home | Facebook
Business architecture External links:
Business Architecture Center of Excellence
Business Architecture Guild
Business Architecture Jobs – Business Architecture Guild
Enterprise architecture External links:
Enterprise Architecture – CDT Services
Enterprise Architecture Standards | CDT
Enterprise Architecture Center of Excellence
Forrester Research External links:
Forrester Research · Forrester
Forrester Research and Studies – Blackbaud
Gartner External links:
Gartner (@Gartner_inc) | Twitter
Working at Gartner
Segment architecture External links:
Federal Segment Architecture Methodology
[PDF]Federal Segment Architecture Methodology Overview
[PDF]Review of Unified Geospatial Segment Architecture …
Solution selling External links:
Solution Selling is Dead. – CBS News
Solution Selling: The Ultimate Guide – HubSpot Blog
Solutions architect External links:
Solutions Architect Jobs | Glassdoor
Fish Gets a New Job: “Solutions Architect”
The Open Group External links:
Customer Service :: The Open Group
The Open Group Architecture Framework – Official Site
2018 Passleader The Open Group OG0-093 Dumps | OG0 …