What is involved in iPaaS
Find out what the related areas are that iPaaS connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a iPaaS thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its iPaaS journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward iPaaS leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which iPaaS related domains to cover and 119 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
iPaaS, Cloud-based integration, Business process management, Buzzword, Capital expenditure, Cloud computing, Electronic data interchange, Internet, Internet of things, Microsoft, MuleSoft, Operating expense, Oracle Corporation, SAP SE, Service-oriented architecture, Systems integration, Value-added network:
iPaaS Critical Criteria:
Adapt iPaaS planning and document what potential iPaaS megatrends could make our business model obsolete.
– What are the record-keeping requirements of iPaaS activities?
– How would one define iPaaS leadership?
– What about iPaaS Analysis of results?
Cloud-based integration Critical Criteria:
Add value to Cloud-based integration results and integrate design thinking in Cloud-based integration innovation.
– A compounding model resolution with available relevant data can often provide insight towards a solution methodology; which iPaaS models, tools and techniques are necessary?
– Is the iPaaS organization completing tasks effectively and efficiently?
– Who will provide the final approval of iPaaS deliverables?
Business process management Critical Criteria:
Have a meeting on Business process management risks and correct Business process management management by competencies.
– Consider your own iPaaS project. what types of organizational problems do you think might be causing or affecting your problem, based on the work done so far?
– How do we make it meaningful in connecting iPaaS with what users do day-to-day?
– What are all of our iPaaS domains and what do they do?
Buzzword Critical Criteria:
Confer re Buzzword governance and remodel and develop an effective Buzzword strategy.
– What are the key elements of your iPaaS performance improvement system, including your evaluation, organizational learning, and innovation processes?
– So, is DevOps a flash in the pan, an industry buzzword, or a new approach that will be cool for a couple of years and then superceded by the next big thing?
– Among the iPaaS product and service cost to be estimated, which is considered hardest to estimate?
– Who sets the iPaaS standards?
Capital expenditure Critical Criteria:
Participate in Capital expenditure goals and modify and define the unique characteristics of interactive Capital expenditure projects.
– Is iPaaS Realistic, or are you setting yourself up for failure?
– Are assumptions made in iPaaS stated explicitly?
– How do we go about Comparing iPaaS approaches/solutions?
Cloud computing Critical Criteria:
Analyze Cloud computing leadership and pioneer acquisition of Cloud computing systems.
– Another critical success factor is that appropriate governance needs to be in place. That is, is an appropriate organizational structure in place to manage the organization facing the cloud computing solution?
– How will you exercise control over the data within the cloud to ensure that the data are available and that confidentiality and integrity of the data remain protected?
– Does the cloud solution offer equal or greater data security capabilities than those provided by your organizations data center?
– What are some common barriers to exiting transitioning from a cloud computing service provider and how can they be addressed?
– How can you start to build to a position of trust and risk management when setting up cloud computing for your organization?
– How do the end users of cloud computing know that their information is not having any availability and security issues?
– Which cloud computing characteristic enables consumers to get computing resources without any human intervention?
– Is it more economical to move my existing datacenter-hosted service to the cloud, or to keep it in a datacenter?
– What is the security gap between private cloud cloud computing versus client server computing architectures?
– Aare there recommended best practices to help us decide whether they should move to the cloud?
– What challenges and opportunities does cloud computing present for IT service management ?
– Does iPaaS create potential expectations in other areas that need to be recognized and considered?
– Which cloud service model encompasses the complete cloud computing stack?
– Will Cloud Computing replace traditional dedicated server hosting?
– How can we best leverage cloud computing and obtain security?
– What is the importance of standards-based cloud computing?
– Is there any recourses about cloud computing performance?
– What are the security concerns with cloud computing?
– Is Cloud computing dangerous for our data?
– what is the future of private cloud?
Electronic data interchange Critical Criteria:
Think about Electronic data interchange leadership and define what do we need to start doing with Electronic data interchange.
– Do several people in different organizational units assist with the iPaaS process?
– How do we Identify specific iPaaS investment and emerging trends?
– Will iPaaS deliverables need to be tested and, if so, by whom?
Internet Critical Criteria:
Ventilate your thoughts about Internet results and inform on and uncover unspoken needs and breakthrough Internet results.
– Traditional data protection principles include fair and lawful data processing; data collection for specified, explicit, and legitimate purposes; accurate and kept up-to-date data; data retention for no longer than necessary. Are additional principles and requirements necessary for IoT applications?
– Scalabilitydefine how the solution must respond efficiently to business growth expectations. What is the expected growth in terms of time, magnitude, location?
– Does each mobile computer with direct connectivity to the internet have a personal firewall and anti-virus software installed?
– How can we take rapid and informed action given the dramatic changes the IoT will make to our traditional business models?
– How will it help your business compete in the context of Digital Marketing?
– What are the key showtoppers which will prevent or slow down IoT applications raise?
– Does our system use roles to assign privileges to users of the system?
– Can we clarify what some of our real opportunities in iiot are?
– Exit strategy. what happens if the contract must be terminated?
– Have you established a Center of Excellence (COE) for the IoT?
– Who will be the leading companies of the Internet of Things?
– What startups are focused on the Internet of Things IoT?
– Is Internet Protocol security (IPSec) support available?
– Which of our information is connected to the internet?
– What damage can result from systems failure?
– Is the product accessible from the internet?
– How can we implement Internet of things?
– What are the disruptive aspects of IoT?
– Will we find gold in iiot?
– Why Is IoT Important?
Internet of things Critical Criteria:
Think carefully about Internet of things failures and perfect Internet of things conflict management.
– Do we ensure to not add features when theyre not needed and contribute to the insecurity/fragility of the whole system?
– What are the procedures which allow individuals the opportunity to seek access to or redress of their own information?
– Computational offloading in mobile edge computing has a couple of challenges: how to split an IoT application?
– What prevents me from making the changes I know will make me a more effective iPaaS leader?
– Are there any agreements concerning the security and privacy of the data once it is shared?
– Is any form of notice provided to the individual prior to collection of information?
– Who will be responsible for shipping and delivery, including costs?
– What is the foreseen roadmap of IoT applications with the main milestones?
– What are the reputation requirements of an Internet of objects?
– With which external recipient(s) is the information shared?
– Design for networking agnosticism: what is in a thing?
– Which is your favorite internet of things hardware?
– What market segment(s) are served by the company?
– What are the major components of IoT?
– Do certain types of agents dominate?
– What is the identifier of a thing?
– What is Disruptive with IoT?
– How far will we go?
Microsoft Critical Criteria:
Analyze Microsoft tasks and find out.
– Do we have or need click to call CTI functions that register track outbound phone calls automatically and prevent internal sales from forgetting updating database?
– Support – how can we drive support for using the escalation processes for service, support and billing issues?
– Does the current system allow for service cases to be opened in the CRM directly from the exchange site?
– You may want to forge more relationships with affluent customers, but do they want them with you?
– Describe what you have found to be the critical success factors for a successful implementation?
– Do you have a mechanism in place to quickly respond to visitor/customer inquiries and orders?
– Is the Customer Satisfaction Process something which you think can be automated via an IVR?
– What is the target level of performance for the Longest delay in Queue KPI?
– Have you anticipated questions that your visitors or customers might have?
– Have you integrated your call center telephony to your crm application?
– How many current users will maintain and access the CRM program?
– Is the Microsoft Dynamics CRM for Outlook cache size acceptable?
– Is there an incentive for visitors/customers to register?
– What benefits can we gain from using analytical CRM?
– Does the user have permission to create activities?
– How do I get CRM right in a slowing economy?
– How long should e-mail messages be stored?
– What Type of Information May be Released?
– How many open tickets are there?
– What languages are supported?
MuleSoft Critical Criteria:
Demonstrate MuleSoft goals and change contexts.
– How can you negotiate iPaaS successfully with a stubborn boss, an irate client, or a deceitful coworker?
– What are the business goals iPaaS is aiming to achieve?
Operating expense Critical Criteria:
Group Operating expense results and reduce Operating expense costs.
– What are your current levels and trends in key measures or indicators of iPaaS product and process performance that are important to and directly serve your customers? how do these results compare with the performance of your competitors and other organizations with similar offerings?
– What are the success criteria that will indicate that iPaaS objectives have been met and the benefits delivered?
– Do we all define iPaaS in the same way?
Oracle Corporation Critical Criteria:
Pay attention to Oracle Corporation planning and drive action.
– Marketing budgets are tighter, consumers are more skeptical, and social media has changed forever the way we talk about iPaaS. How do we gain traction?
– What will be the consequences to the business (financial, reputation etc) if iPaaS does not go ahead or fails to deliver the objectives?
– Is there a iPaaS Communication plan covering who needs to get what information when?
SAP SE Critical Criteria:
Troubleshoot SAP SE governance and separate what are the business goals SAP SE is aiming to achieve.
– Is maximizing iPaaS protection the same as minimizing iPaaS loss?
– What is Effective iPaaS?
– Is iPaaS Required?
Service-oriented architecture Critical Criteria:
Face Service-oriented architecture visions and oversee Service-oriented architecture management by competencies.
– At what point will vulnerability assessments be performed once iPaaS is put into production (e.g., ongoing Risk Management after implementation)?
– How do senior leaders actions reflect a commitment to the organizations iPaaS values?
– To what extent does management recognize iPaaS as a tool to increase the results?
Systems integration Critical Criteria:
Contribute to Systems integration goals and inform on and uncover unspoken needs and breakthrough Systems integration results.
– Are you looking for help with systems integration to get up and running faster?
– Are we Assessing iPaaS and Risk?
Value-added network Critical Criteria:
Experiment with Value-added network quality and finalize the present value of growth of Value-added network.
– In the case of a iPaaS project, the criteria for the audit derive from implementation objectives. an audit of a iPaaS project involves assessing whether the recommendations outlined for implementation have been met. in other words, can we track that any iPaaS project is implemented as planned, and is it working?
– How will you know that the iPaaS project has been successful?
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the iPaaS Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information:
iPaaS External links:
IPaaS: Big Data Cloud Integration, Deployment & ETL …
Cloud-based integration External links:
Contact | The #1 cloud-based integration Development …
Infor Adds Cloud-Based Integration With Trubiquity …
Cloud-Based Integration – Copper Hill Consulting
Business process management External links:
Best Business Process Management Software – G2 Crowd
What is Business Process Management? – AIIM International
Best Business Process Management Software – Capterra
Buzzword External links:
Nursing’s Buzzword: Critical Thinking | 2017 …
Capital expenditure External links:
Capital Expenditure (CapEx) Request Forms
Capital Expenditure (CAPEX) | Investopedia
[PDF]Capital Expenditure Policy – University of Texas …
Cloud computing External links:
REAN Cloud – Managed Services | Cloud Computing | …
Microsoft Azure Cloud Computing Platform & Services
Electronic data interchange External links:
EDI | What is EDI? (Electronic Data Interchange)
Dedicated to providing you with a one stop resource for learning about EDI (electronic data interchange) and how to trade electronically with your partners.
EDI Data Interchange – 24/7 Support. Customizable.
EDI Basics | Learn about Electronic Data Interchange (EDI)
Internet External links:
Pandora Radio – Listen to Free Internet Radio, Find New Music
Internet of things External links:
Internet of Things World Forum – IoTWF Home
Internet Of Things By Intel® – Smarter, More Connected Things
Ad · www.intel.com/IoT
Internet of Things | Dell United States
Microsoft External links:
Microsoft – Official Home Page
Microsoft Remote Connectivity Analyzer
MuleSoft External links:
MuleSoft (@MuleSoft) | Twitter
Investors | Mulesoft
Operating expense External links:
Operating Expense OPEX Defined, Explained as Non …
What are operating expenses? | AccountingCoach
Operating Expense – Investopedia
Oracle Corporation External links:
ORCL : Summary for Oracle Corporation – Yahoo Finance
Oracle: Beefing Up In IaaS – Oracle Corporation …
SAP SE External links:
About SAP SE
SAP SE (SAP) Q4 Earnings Improve Y/Y, 2018 View Buoyant
Service-oriented architecture External links:
Understanding Service-Oriented Architecture
Microservices vs. Service-Oriented Architecture – NGINX
Service-Oriented Architecture | Coursera
Systems integration External links:
Accudata Systems | IT Consulting | Systems Integration
Genesis Systems Group – Robotic Systems Integration
Harvill Industries – Process Design & Systems Integration
Value-added network External links:
Value-Added Network (VAN) – Investopedia